BILL DUNCAN RECEIVING COMMENDATION FROM DEPUTY SECRETARY OF DEFENSE GORDAN ENGLAND
PENTAGON HALL OF HEROS
Download Podcast Interview
This podcast episode is an interview with Bill Duncan just a couple of months into his first deployment in Iraq in 2007, when he was building a team of consultants to join him for the reconstruction effort in that country. At this time, Bill was still a Partner at CSC. Some months later, he left CSC and joined the US Department of Defense as a Special Assistant to the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense, and continued his work in both Iraq and Afghanistan. It provides some great insights about the scope and nature of the work performed by Bill and his team.
- Partner, Strategic Services Group
- Specialized in Industrial Management (Lean, TQM, ERP, and MES) and Manufacturing Information Systems. Clients include: Boeing, Emerson, General Dynamics.
- Authored multiple web-based articles on supply chain management and manufacturing strategy published in SupplyChainBrain.com. For example, see: The Causes and Effects of Business Complexity in Supply Chain Management
- Performed substantive work in Mergers & Acquisitions, and authored a 250+ page hardback book entitled Enterprise Optimization: Making Acquisitions Pay Off.
- In December 2006, asked by US Department of Defense to assist with revitalization of Iraq’s industrial base. Developed the plans, recruited the team, and led them into the Iraq theatre of operations. Worked with US military and US State Department Provincial Reconstruction Teams (PRTs) as well as the Government of Iraq (GOI) and private investors in the region, and coordinated major efforts with the “surge” in 2007. Press reports document that thousands have since returned to work, and dozens of factories were restored to substantially higher levels of utilization.
- Winner of CSC’s annual President’s Award for Leadership, 2008. Finalist for Chairman’s Award that same year.
- Project continued through 2009 – reported to be enormously successful. Received special recognition from Deputy Secretary of Defense Gordon England in Pentagon Hall of Heroes on November 30, 2007.